Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2669
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Active Temporary (Full-Time)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs nursing activities specified on the Nurse Extern Task List, safely and correctly, after successful demonstration of task or activity. Practices within the limits of the position and under direction of the assigned preceptor.
1. Performs nursing activities specified on the Nurse Extern Task List, safely and correctly, after successful demonstration of task or activity. Practices within the limits of the position and under direction of the assigned preceptor.
2. Assumes responsibility for identifying own learning needs and seeks appropriate resources for learning.
3. Demonstrates growth in confidence, while developing and gaining proficiency in using nursing skills.
4. Communicates effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff.
5. Maintains effective working relationships with members of the health care team.
6. Participates in unit activities such as staff meetings and patient care conferences.
7. Assists patient care nurse in formulating and implementing a plan of care for assigned patients.
8. Observes progress of patients and reports findings to appropriate staff nurse and/or charge nurse.
9. Documents care rendered as directed by a Registered Nurse according to the Nursing Division policies.
10. Attends all classes and learning activities set up for the Nurse Extern or as directed by the preceptor.
● Completion of junior level in an accredited School of Nursing and evidence of active enrollment in a nursing school required.
● BLS for healthcare provider.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● None required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, technical operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write technical operating procedures and routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with users, vendors, and technical staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Med Surgical Float Pool
Work Type: Active Temporary (Full-Time)
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.