Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2578
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position assists with activities which fulfill the marketing and communications needs of UNC Health Care System. Employees work under close supervision, assisting with writing publications, developing media and marketing communications, and supporting public relations activities. Employees may be responsible for the implementation of small projects or work as part of a team on larger projects.
1. As directed, carries out the plans made for special events such as community health fairs, screenings, etc.
2. Assists in the development of marketing communications including direct mail, direct to customer marketing, customer relationships and database marketing.
3. Assists in writing, and helps photographers, in the preparation of certain publications such as brochures, booklets, alumni materials and employee and special constituent newsletters.
4. Helps carry out community relations activities involving education programs, health classes, and business expos and is a liaison with groups such as chambers of commerce, businesses, school systems, etc.
5. Supports internal communications to staff and medical staff through newsletters, websites, meetings, posters, bulletins, etc.
6. Supports media relations, by helping with the creation of news releases, responding to media inquiries, assisting in the preparation for news conferences, and supporting web and database media relationships.
7. Supports public relations which involve aiding in the planning and execution of persuasive campaigns using paid and public media and other channels and assisting with communications during crisis management.
● Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Mktg & Public Relations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.