Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2622
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) is responsible for administering physical therapy treatment and modalities as supervised by the staff physical therapist. Administers treatments and physical agents as directed per evaluating physical therapist plan of care.
1. Responsible for providing treatment as directed by the Staff Physical Therapist.
2. Assist with formulation of a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and assess effectiveness of learning.
3. Perform components of an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to therapy requested and provided and reassesses as necessary.
4. Observe and evaluate effect of treatment and discusses observations with Staff Physical Therapist.
5. Provide patient and family with necessary equipment, education, and/or instruction prior to patient's discharge.
6. Provide appropriate documentation of patient intervention that meets current standards and policies.
7. Perform administrative duties including data collection, documentation, and scheduling patients for treatment and coordinates with other services when necessary.
8. Ensure patient charges are accurate and recorded daily as outlined in department and hospital policy.
● Associate's Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program.
● Physical Therapy Licensure in North Carolina
● CPR Certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prefer at least one year of previous experience in all aspects of physical therapy.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Knowledge of physical therapy, physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology; knowledge of physical therapy machine operation and maintenance; strong written and verbal skills.
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Physical Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.