Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile. From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
*Please note: The Discovery Employee Referral Program is temporarily unavailable. Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution. More details are to come soon! Thank you for your patience.
Job ID: 2700
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provide assistance to our COVID vaccine clinics to maximize safety, patient and co-worker satisfaction and quality outcomes. Multiple locations in Wake, Chatham, Johnston, Lenoir, Nash Wayne and Rockingham Counties.
1. Coordinates clinical assignments for each day and clinic to ensure timely patient flow, and excellent patient care. Identify opportunities to improve clinic flow. Works with Manager, Physicians, and APPs to provide a dynamic and user-friendly vaccine environment for all staff. Ensures that care/service delivered to each patient is appropriate and in accordance with Physician orders, departmental policies, and with full consideration of patient safety needs. Documents in patient care records.
2. Serves as a clinical resource for problem solving. Serves as a liaison between staff, physicians and Manager. Advises medical staff and Manager in matters related to patient care. Assists in addressing patient issues/questions related to care/service received. Serves as a point of contact between nurses, providers, and other team members.
3. Assists in the reconstitution, drawing and administering of the COVID vaccine. May have responsibility to oversee the recovery area to ensure patient safety. Ensures that emergency medication is in close proximity and be prepared to administer as necessary per standing orders.
4. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics.
5. Collaborates with team to customize their clinics, in order to meet the unique needs of their patient population. Must be flexible to meet the needs of the state.
● Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree (BSN preferred).
● BLS, RN NC License
● RN NC LIC;BCLS
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Work Type: PRN
Standard Hours Per Week: PRN
Work Schedule: Day Job/Evening Job/Weekends
Location of Job: US:NC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.