Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 2753
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assess and document patient status and formulates and education plan for infusion patients in home services.
1. Maintain an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Assesses the patient's biophysical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, safety, educational and age specific needs using the nursing process. Establishes and implements the patient plan of care with input from all health care team members., including the patient/caregiver and physician. Evaluates patient status, and outcomes of the care provided.
3. Documents patient status and maintains patient confidentiality per agency policies and procedures. Completes and submits documentation in accordance with agency time frames.
4. Formulates an education plan based upon patient need, agency policies and procedures, and physician order. Includes patient and family instruction as well as discharge planning.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of JCAHO, DFS, and other regulatory requirements.
6. Provides report to Case Manager after each infusion home visit.
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● CRNI;RN NC LIC;BCLS;NCDL
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of 1-year infusion therapy experience and home health experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS HomeCare Pharmacy
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.