Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2823
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides patient care within the scope of practice for the licensed Registered Nurse. Facilitates patient flow and assists with prioritization of work assignments.
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, to include patient assessment, assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, and patient education.
3. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
4. Appropriately documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
5. Facilitates effective patient flow and assists with prioritization of work assignments.
6. Assists with the maintenance of adequate levels of supplies and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
7. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
8. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in unit based performance improvement activites.
9. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective communication and team work.
● Diploma, Associate Degree (ADN) or Bachelors Degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing.
● Licensed to practice as Registered Nurse in North Carolina. BCLS.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Previous experience in physician office, urgent care, emergency department preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: PN COVID Prep/Response-Smthfld
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 12.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.