Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 2949
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Materials Analyst for Surgical Services manages the supply requests and agenda for the SSPC - Surgical Services Product Committee. This position works with and negotiates with vendor representatives, in coordination with Purchasing and the O.R. Business Office, to determine the best value for the hospital consistent with our quality of care standards and protocols.
1. Coordinates activities necessary for staff education of all new products and equipment. Provides ongoing support. Serves as clinical resource and role model.
2. CPT and HCPCS code support for patient charges. Updates to CPM on supply charges for HCPCS codes. Annual updates for CPT changes. Annual Base Fee Analysis on the cost of non-chargeable supplies per Base Code per Surgical Service. Provide management ad hoc reports of activities including financial outcomes.
3. Serve as project manager for the Surgical Services Product Committee. Manages the supply requests, the meeting agenda & minutes and follow-up in the O.R. Business Office. Tracks all SSPC decisions, follows up on supply evaluations and trials, communicates back to the clinical team and surgeons on the results. Coordinate and direct conversion activities, e.g. determine optimum time for staff education on new products to coincide with arrival of new products. Acts as liaison between the clinical areas of the hospital and the business function. Serves as the """"go to"""" person when either the clinical side or the business side has to resolve operational issues related to products, contracts, and the administration of patient care.
4. Supports cost containment goals of UNC Health Care by researching and gathering data for product standardization and utlization and implementing approved products and contracts. Works and negotiates with vendors in coordination with purchasing and the OR business office to determine the best value for the hospital consistent with our quality of care standards and protocols.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's Degree, three (3) years of operating room or materials management experience.
● If an Associate's Degree, seven (7) years of operating room or materials management experience.
● If a high school diploma, eleven (11) years of operating room or materials management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Working knowledge of business analysis tools, third party report writing tools & MS Office (Excel) products highly desirable.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Cary OR Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 1.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.