Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 2670
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides direct pastoral care to patients, families and staff manage pastoral care in various clinical areas.
1. Provides pastoral care and support to patients, family members, and staff during assigned on-call shifts with full consideration of patientsafety needs.
2. Participates in the ministry of the department through the overnight on-call schedule, responding pastorally and timely to all situationsrequiring pastoral care and support. This may include, but is not limited to deaths, codes, follow-up visits, referrals, and consults, andthrough leading worship services as required.
3. Responds to all pages, referrals, and EPIC consults during assigned shift, including all traumas, deaths, and codes.
4. Leaves referrals for other chaplain staff members for ongoing issues as necessary.
5. Documents all pastoral care encounters in EPIC and the departmental log.
6. Completes all administrative tasks such as LMS modules and Employee Health requirements by the deadline.
7. Must work at least one on-call shift per quarter.
● Prefer candidates who have completed or are in the process of completing Masters’ degree (MDiv) or equivalent.
● Ordination and ecclesiastical endorsement from denomination/faith group preferred but not required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Completion of a minimum of one unit of ACPE CPE.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Organization Unit: Pastoral Care HBO Hosp
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 28.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.