Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3485
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Organizes deliveries and pick up, ensuring they are accurate and on time.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patient, self, and others.
2. Organizes deliveries and pick ups to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity. Flexes routing based on emergency and last minute deliveries.
3. Ensures deliveries are on time and correct.
4. Paperwork is completed accurately and submitted timely.
5. Limits patient/agency complaints about deliveries from patients or caregivers.
6. Loads delivery vehicle in a timely manner; secures cargo using required safety standards.
7. Uses proper body mechanics.
● High School Graduate or equivalent. Associates Degree in related field desirable.
● NC Driver's License required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year delivery experience preferred. Appropriate driving record required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos. ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instruction. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS HomeCare HME
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.