Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 3421
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Executive Coordinator will work closely with the Chief External Affairs Officer, Chief Communications & Marketing Officer, and System Director for Board Relations. This will be a key position in supporting business activities, department operations and relationships with external stakeholders. The executive coordinator will provide support on a wide range of projects within the external affairs, marketing and communications field.
Examples of primary responsibilities for external affairs, communications and marketing include:
• researching for specific projects and preparing executive summaries and analyses;
• tracking emerging issues; • developing materials;
• drafting letters, emails, reports and other documents based on outline or direction from supervisors;
• proofing and editing internal and external documents;
• preparing presentations • participate in meetings, ensuring appropriate follow-up and execution of next steps
• planning events or working on events as part of a team
The ideal candidate will have a flair for creativity and strategic thinking with an innovative mindset. We are seeking someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients and our communities across North Carolina. The person in this role should be detail-oriented, strong writer and editor, with strong customer service skills. The successful candidate will ensure smooth operations and support business activities for the leadership of external affairs.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If High School or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word preferred.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNC HCS Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.