Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3555
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Follows established standards and practices to provide patient education and professional nursing care. Works closely with management to develop clinical protocols, ensure staff compliance and provide team leadership to clinical employees. Provides administrative supervision to clinical staff and ensures accreditation standards are maintained by the practice.
1. Performs patient assessments and evaluations, follows up with patients on various treatment protocols, assesses patient compliance and need for alterations in their care plans.
2. Ensures quality of care by following up on lab work; troubleshooting problems and calibrating various pieces of equipment on a daily basis to provide reliable data; collecting, compiling, charting, documenting and analyzing data provided by studies; communicate and address maintenance and repair of clinical equipment; communicate with outside referral agencies regarding patient care.
3. Monitors patient condition by determining level of pain and tolerance for procedures; assess patient response to procedural components; monitor vital signs and patient reactions to medication; communicate with provider and administer appropriate treatment in emergency situations.
4. Assist provider with office procedures. Administer medications via oral, intramuscular, intravenous and intravesical routes in according with nursing standards. Provide patient education where needed.
5. Coordinate with management on day to day operations.
6. Monitor all clinical purchases with attention to budget and financial resources. Ensures that clinical purchases are used in a frugal manner and that all nursing work, medications, immunizations are correctly recorded on the patient charge sheet.
7. Collects vital signs including height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, pain levels, and any potential abuse or neglect. Documents accordingly into patient chart in a timely and accurate manner. Collects medication and allergy history, family social/medical history and documents accordingly into patient chart in a timely and accurate manner.
8. Addresses patient telephone requests for prescription refills, inquiries and communicates/coordinates with provider in a timely and accurate manner. Documents all telephone conversations and work performed in the patient chart in a timely and accurate manner. Responds to patient requests for information including any test results, office policies, requests for provider assistance in a timely and accurate manner.
● Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing (LPN).
● Current licensure or certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two to five years of professional nursing experience . Minimum of one year in an outpatient setting. Two to three years of management or leadership experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Primary Care - Goldsboro
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Goldsboro
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.