Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Job ID: 3782
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The AVP & Assistant Dean Clinical Finance will lead the Finance function for the clinical departments and serve as a member of UNC Faculty Practice (UNCFP) and School of Medicine’s (SOM) senior leadership team, with a reporting relationship to the CFO of UNCFP and the SOM. While functioning in a finance leader role, position is responsible for providing financial leadership and coordination of financial planning and reporting procedures, budget development and management functions, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance and use of management. Serve as a collaborative member of the finance leadership team, providing proactive and creative financial guidance and advice to senior leaders.
1. Financial Leadership- Develops, evaluates, monitors, and communicates long and short-term financial objectives and metrics ensuring consistency and alignment with overall strategic goals and objectives. Assists senior management in the planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue. Leads generation of annual operating and capital budgets, monthly financial statements along with analyses showing results in comparison to budget, historical performance and identifying trends. Serves as key advisor to the CFO of UNCFP and SOM on financial management including revenue enhancement and cost controls, strategy and capital development and allocation. Provides financial leadership to UNCFP directors and managers, ACA’s, and clinical department Chairs that will create ownership of goals and encourage active participation in decisions that impact the organization. Actively participates in leadership at the UNC Health level, UNCFP level, and SOM level with regards to finance.
2. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
3. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations, and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the
organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
● CPA preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Ten (10) years of progressive healthcare, financial management and/or accounting experience, ideally gained in a Academic Medical center, with at least seven (7) years of management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, patient financial services, cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and governmental accounting and financial reporting standards. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections. Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings. Ability to make effective presentations and handle challenging questions. Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: FP Financial Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.