Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3843
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This Position is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing processes for Admitting, Registration, and Cashiering. The Position plays a key role in inter-departmental communication, especially with Ancillary Departmental Management, Transport Services, Bed Management and Nursing to insure patients are properly identified and are able to reach their final destination after the Registration/Admissions process is complete. Oversees and monitors UNCHCS business matters, patient satisfaction, patient service, and public image.
1. Corporate Citizenship Stay current on all required and assigned LMS courses. Actively participate and collaborate, representing Cashiering, Registration and Admitting, in departmental meetings and activities outside of the immediate work area when requested. Attend Department Heads and other required meetings.
2. Human Resources Select, train, evaluate, council and discipline Administrative Support Supervisors and subordinates. Perform position management to create and modify positions as needed. Serve as a resource to supervisors and staff to interpret rules and regulations. Monitor training and education needs of Administrative Support Supervisors and subordinates. Provide guidance to supervisors and staff in complex situations. Create and monitor work plans for Administrative Support Supervisors providing timely feedback. Create an environment conducive to staff retention. Conduct and document regular recurring staff meetings. Identify and implement strategies to improve staff satisfaction.
3. Operations/Financial Stewardship Identify budgetary needs during budgeting process. Monitors and analyze budgetary trends and make necessary adjustments to ensure budget projections are met.
4. Operations/General Develop, implement, and manage registration and admissions processes to include but not limited to registration, insurance verification, and cash collections. Develop, implement, and manage cashiering processes to include proper cash handling, credit card machine management, safe management, valuables management, and deposit processes. Be a subject matter expert in all IT systems used to support business processes. Establish, monitor, and report metrics to ensure improvement and quality of work. Create data-supported staffing models to accommodate evolving registration and admissions throughput. Maintain familiarity with applicable rules and regulations and ensure cashiering, registration and admitting are compliant with applicable rules and regulations. Recognize opportunities for productivity improvement and cost savings. Employ methods to promote patient satisfaction.
5. Operations/Strategic Planning Analyze planned and sentinel events to develop strategies to address conditions that will contribute and/or contributed to these situations. Provide Director with regular data-based progress reports identifying success and challenges. Provide Director with recommendations for improvements in efficiency and effectiveness. Effectively use desktop applications to prepare, track, and present data.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Health Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years work experience in a health care setting, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years work experience in a health care setting, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years work experience in a health care setting, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Access Holly Springs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.