Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 3773
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides financial and budgetary support for a clinical department. Responsibilities may include materials management, financial analysis, report management, and supervision of business office staff.
1. Designs, implements and maintains software systems in support of financial administration.
2. Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines. Establishes and reviews policies and procedures.
3. Provides direction and oversight to Business Office staff. Ensures staff is appropriately trained and complies with relevant regulations, policies and procedures. Responsible for Human Resources function which include recruiting/hiring, conducting performance evaluations, training and development, and counseling/disciplinary action.
4. Responsible for compliance analysis. Maintains a comprehensive system of audit and internal controls concerning charge reconciliation, purchasing, and Charge Data Master maintenance.
5. Responsible for financial administration and budget facilitation for the clinical department. Creates and generates statistical or ad-hoc reports as appropriate. Financial planning, monitoring and oversight of all department expenditures and revenues. Budget development and consolidation, assists in problem solving, regulation interpretation and application. Designs and implements accounting processes, ensuring compliance with all organizational and departmental policies and procedures and providing analysis of income and expenditures. Identifies and implements opportunities for cost savings and revenue generation.
6. Responsible for materials management of all non-stock supplies in each department. This includes maintaining proper PAR levels, procurement, stocking, negotiating with vendors, and purchasing.
● Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Nursing or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in business, financial analysis or materials management
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Phy Dept of Med Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.