Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3527
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve. As a major academic health system, we offer candidates the opportunity to collaborate with multiple service lines including Nursing, Transplant, Oncology and Respiratory Therapy. Our laboratory Directors are experts in laboratory medicine and offer continuing education and training opportunities for our staff and management team. We are often the first to implement cutting-edge technology in laboratory testing, making us leaders in innovation and bringing advanced medicine and compassionate care to our community. We have a wide variety of specialty labs as well as Core Laboratory, TMS and Microbiology services, which allow technologists and managers to choose their own career path. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement to encourage career advancement and professional growth and development.
This position is eligible for our Clinical Laboratory Commitment Incentive of $5,000. To learn more on the incentive program guidelines and eligible positions, visit https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/lab-incentive-program?&bid=12881
Performs a variety of patient testing in multiple laboratory disciplines and in specialty laboratories, in support of clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
1. Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens, and/or workflow.
2. May serve as a Lead Technologist or Program Manager in areas such as quality control, education, competency, equipment, safety, etc.
3. Monitors daily operation of laboratory section or work area.
4. Participates on teams or performs special projects/assignments
5. Performs non-routine, more complex test procedures including special chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Observes tests and reactions and provides data.
6. Performs quality control and equipment maintenance in the appropriate laboratories.
7. Reports results to healthcare providers. Consults/confers with healthcare providers regarding test results.
8. Reviews test results to ensure accuracy of report and timely correction of errors.
9. Trains new employees. Teaches Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents. Serves as a technical resource.
● Requires Bachelor's of Science degree.
● Requires MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA), or MT (AMT) certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires two years of experience at the medical laboratory technologist, cytotechnologist, or histotechnologist level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Core Laboratory
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.