Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 3615
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The purpose of this position is to provide direct coordination of inter-hospital transfers through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. The overall goal of the position is to enhance the quality of inter-hospital transfer management and satisfaction and to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integrating and functions of point of entry case management, utilization review, and effective patient flow activities.
1. Incoming Transfer Requests- Continually monitor work list(s) to appropriately triage patient transfer requests. Conduct and document assessment of proposed transfers and facilitate provider and caregiver consultations to develop a transfer plan per departmental guidelines.
2. Logistics Management- Collaborate with PLC flow coordinators, and clinical admitting decision makers to facilitate patient transfer activities with referring, receiving, and transporting caregivers, participating in discussions regarding appropriate assignment of level of care, care unit, provider team, and patient class. Refer non-clinical tasks as appropriate.
3. Customer Service- Identify and escalate barriers to efficient, effective, patient-centric and customer-friendly Transfer Center Operations. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills. Use service recovery scripting and techniques Clinical Appropriateness Assessment- Using established medical necessity criteria products and departmental guidelines perform assessments of the clinical appropriateness for proposed transfers. Escalate situations of questionable clinical or
4. Customer Service- Identify and escalate barriers to efficient, effective, patient-centric and customer-friendly Transfer Center Operations. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills. Use service recovery scripting and techniques to repair missed expectations when possible. Demonstrate flexibility and professionalism in a dynamic environment with frequent re-ordering of priorities and assignments. Uses critical thinking skills to evaluate and prioritize rapidly changing demands, working collaboratively to best accomplish the team’s mission.
5. Documentation- Document activities, events, and information per standards in established software systems in a timely, accurate, and complete manner. Identifies Avoidable Delays and documents causes for delay consistent with department standards. Uses established policies and processes to handle, discuss, and transmit protected health information in manner consistent with privacy and compliance expectations and policies. Uses departmental guidelines and job aids to perform work in an accurate, compliant manner consistent with known and written expectations and work rules.
● Associates Degree or Diploma in Nursing;
● Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of North Carolina
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clinical experience required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Highly organized professional with astute clinical knowledge. Great attention to detail, and critical thinking skills. Adaptable to frequent change. Compliant with regulatory and departmental guidelines and policies
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Patient Logistics Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.