Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4314
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Experienced Cardiovascular Sonographer responsible for providing the best care possible to patients being evaluated in the Cardiovascular Lab through maintaining optimum standards of safety during all procedures as well as maintaining an optimum level of quality assessment in all aspects of patient care and testing. Technologist is responsible for performing and reporting results of non-invasive echocardiograms and cardiac stress tests. Peripheral vascular experience preferred (required for select locations/positions).
The ideal candidate must be registry eligible or registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within one (1) year from date of hire. They must also maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually. Candidates must also have Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification.
1. Obtains signed consents with physician order attached from outpatient registration for all outpatients and verifies physician order from the chart on all inpatients.
2. Assures appropriate test is being performed and explained to patient according to protocol. Makes certain appropriate indicators are present for studies ordered. Obtains initial patient history and document accordingly.
3. Performs all tests per departmental competencies and according to protocol and prepares preliminary reports for ordering/reading physician.
4. Carries out appropriate billing procedures, prints daily schedule and notes when add on procedures can be scheduled, assists in maintaining adequate supplies and equipment.
5. Contributes to departmental quality assurance.
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or General Ultrasound.
● Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NCHV Panther Creek
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.