Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4391
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Facility/Division: Onslow Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The CRNA provides optimal care of patients from birth to elderly undergoing anesthesia. Pre and peri-operatively and during post-operative period in PACU in an ethical and caring manner following ASA standards. The CRNA must carry out all departmental functions. The CRNA must respond to codes, emergencies, or disasters. The CRNA must be able to use stairs in the event of power outages, fires, or disasters.
1. Assesses patient pre-operatively in a timely and efficient manner. This includes performance of history and physical, development of anesthesia plan of care, documentation of assessment and plan, explanation of care, risks and benefits to patient and family, assembly of equipment and drugs. Meets annual departmental quality metrics for turnover times, on-time starts and QI submissions.
2. Attends continuing education and professional meetings, participates in institutional and departmental committees, and contributes to the clinical learning experience of other health care professionals.
3. Maintains anesthesia records, Impact Care reports and other documents in a legible manner.
4. Provides anesthesia. This includes performs ASA-approved checklist of equipment, provides safe environment for patient, administers anesthesia in accordance with the Department of Anesthesiology standards of care, places appropriate lines and monitors, adjusts care and notifies appropriate personnel in abnormal situations, transports patient at the end of the case, reports pertinent information, documents anesthesia care.
5. The CRNA will work with a variety of patients, from newborn to elderly, attentive to details, making quick decisions with the realization that any mistake may result in serious consequences to the patient. The CRNA will be exposed to the following environmental hazards: volatile anesthesia agents, x-rays and other radioactive materials, infectious diseases, and cleaning chemicals.
6. Assignments will be received from the Chief Nurse Anesthetist.
7. The CRNA will receive general administrative supervision form the CHIEF Nurse Anesthetist.
8. The CRNA must interact in a professional manner with all employees of the hospital.
9. The CRNA must be able to perform ultrasound guided regional nerve blocks and be able to place epidurals and spinals.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Onslow Memorial Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Jacksonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.