Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4391
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Facility/Division: Onslow Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The CRNA provides optimal care of patients from birth to elderly undergoing anesthesia. Pre and peri-operatively and during post-operative period in PACU in an ethical and caring manner following ASA standards. The CRNA must carry out all departmental functions. The CRNA must respond to codes, emergencies, or disasters. The CRNA must be able to use stairs in the event of power outages, fires, or disasters.
1. Assesses patient pre-operatively in a timely and efficient manner. This includes performance of history and physical, development of anesthesia plan of care, documentation of assessment and plan, explanation of care, risks and benefits to patient and family, assembly of equipment and drugs. Meets annual departmental quality metrics for turnover times, on-time starts and QI submissions.
2. Attends continuing education and professional meetings, participates in institutional and departmental committees, and contributes to the clinical learning experience of other health care professionals.
3. Maintains anesthesia records, Impact Care reports and other documents in a legible manner.
4. Provides anesthesia. This includes performs ASA-approved checklist of equipment, provides safe environment for patient, administers anesthesia in accordance with the Department of Anesthesiology standards of care, places appropriate lines and monitors, adjusts care and notifies appropriate personnel in abnormal situations, transports patient at the end of the case, reports pertinent information, documents anesthesia care.
5. The CRNA will work with a variety of patients, from newborn to elderly, attentive to details, making quick decisions with the realization that any mistake may result in serious consequences to the patient. The CRNA will be exposed to the following environmental hazards: volatile anesthesia agents, x-rays and other radioactive materials, infectious diseases, and cleaning chemicals.
6. Assignments will be received from the Chief Nurse Anesthetist.
7. The CRNA will receive general administrative supervision form the CHIEF Nurse Anesthetist.
8. The CRNA must interact in a professional manner with all employees of the hospital.
9. The CRNA must be able to perform ultrasound guided regional nerve blocks and be able to place epidurals and spinals.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Onslow Memorial Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Jacksonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.