Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3510
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides pastoral care and counsel to patients, family members, and staff.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides pastoral care and counsel to patients, family members, and staff in assigned clinical areas with full consideration of patient safety needs.
3. Participates in the ministry of the department through the overnight on-call schedule, responding pastorally and timely to all situations requiring pastoral care and support, and through leading worship services in the hospital.
4. Participates in the clinical pastoral education training process through group and individual supervision and through the preparation of and reflection upon clinical materials.
Enrolled in ACPE Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program through the Department of Pastoral Care. Completes CPE assignments, attends the CPE intern educational sessions and provides clinical coverage meeting the weekly clinical hour requirements. Offers pastoral care to patients, families, and staff members. Provides on-call coverage. Leads hospital worship services. Completes all administrative tasks assigned. Remains compliant with all ACPE, Hospital, and Department policies.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
● Ordination and ecclesiastical endorsement from denomination/faith group preferred but not required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One to three months related experience and/or training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pastoral Care
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 27.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.