Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4493
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Experienced Cardiovascular Sonographer responsible for providing the best care possible to patients being evaluated in the Cardiovascular Lab through maintaining optimum standards of safety during all procedures as well as maintaining an optimum level of quality assessment in all aspects of patient care and testing. Technologist is responsible for performing and reporting results of non-invasive echocardiograms and cardiac stress tests. Peripheral vascular experience preferred (required for select locations/positions).
The ideal candidate must be registry eligible or registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within one (1) year from date of hire. They must also maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually. Candidates must also have Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification.
1. Obtains signed consents with physician order attached from outpatient registration for all outpatients and verifies physician order from the chart on all inpatients.
2. Assures appropriate test is being performed and explained to patient according to protocol. Makes certain appropriate indicators are present for studies ordered. Obtains initial patient history and document accordingly.
3. Performs all tests per departmental competencies and according to protocol and prepares preliminary reports for ordering/reading physician.
4. Carries out appropriate billing procedures, prints daily schedule and notes when add on procedures can be scheduled, assists in maintaining adequate supplies and equipment.
5. Contributes to departmental quality assurance.
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or General Ultrasound.
● Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NCHV Wakefield
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.