Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4478
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides medical and non-medical supplies to patient care areas by inventorying and restocking of carts. Responds to supply requests and manages inventory.
1. Provides medical and non-medical supplies to patient care areas by inventorying and restocking of par carts. Checks the accuracy and delivery of low unit of measure orders. Delivers stat items promptly. Issues and processes storeroom items as needed when the luom program cannot supply specific items due to backorders. Assist patient care provider by helping to determine appropriate need and communicates unit supply issues with Coordinators, Manager, and staff.
2. Responds to request for supplies by phone, walk-in or tube system in a courteous and timely manner making sure paper work exist for the relieving of inventory.
3. Assures that patient charge forms are picked up from units and are processed for patient charging accurately.
4. Conducts cycle counts and year-end inventories and helps find and eliminate discrepancies in the inventory. Assures inventory levels and on hands are correct through accurate disbursement of products.
5. Transports freight to the staging area and stocks the Stat Room inventory with shipments making sure all items are in assigned locations. Delivers products to internal and external departments in a timely way using the hospital vehicles and secures products by strapping, bracing or padding to prevent damage.
6. Checks freight against the packing slip and purchase order making sure the products ordered have been received.
7. Delivers crash carts and difficult cath carts to units as requested and returns used carts to Distribution. Inventories the carts using the par level form and picks the stock from the storeroom to replenish the carts. Checks expiration dates on all relative products and the laryngoscopes functionality in the crash carts. Audits carts as requested checking for stocker's signature and date.
8. Assist departments as requested in returning un-needed products and works with Buyers to ship back products to the vendors. Prepares items for return using the shipping couriers database.
9. Cooperates with management and co-workers to carry out and foster a team concept throughout the department.
10. Exemplifies quality performance and customer service through helpfulness, telephone courtesy and accuracy. Adheres to all policies and procedures to maintain an environment of safety for internal and external customers.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Distribution
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.