Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4578
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides care of patients by optimizing medication use and drug distribution services.
This opening is for a pharmacist position at UNC REX Holly Springs. The UNC REX Holly Springs Pharmacist will serve in both an operations and clinical capacity. Pharmacists will provide patient care by optimizing medication use and supporting drug distribution services. Pharmacists will have rotating weekend and weekend on-call responsibilities. Staffing may entail first shift or second shift coverage. As patient census rises, the vision is to eventually add 3rdshift overnight pharmacy coverage.
UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital (50 beds) will open in late September 2021.The full service community hospital will include an Emergency Department, Maternity Center, Surgical Services, Medical/Surgical Floor, and an Intermediate Care Unit. The pharmacist will be familiar with processes and workflows at UNC REX Main Campus. Pharmacists will provide remote order verification support to UNC REX Main Campus when necessary. UNC REX Main Campus will provide remote order verification support to UNC REX Holly Springs in a mutually supportive fashion.
Pharmacist responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Receives prescriptions, interprets prescriptions, and reviews the patient's medication profile /history. Clarifies incomplete, inaccurate, or contraindicated prescriptions with the prescriber, nurse, or other health professional, as appropriate. Identifies and intervenes on problems related to the medication needs of the patient.
2. Utilizes and analyzes patient data to provide optimal drug therapy recommendations. Assesses the patient's medication therapy regimen and makes appropriate clinical interventions with the provider. Performs protocol-driven clinical services such as IV to oral dosing, renal-dosing, medication consult services, etc
3. Compounds and oversees the preparation and dispensing of medications including sterile products using standard formulas, processes and procedures as required.
4. Complies with the medication formulary, and therapeutic substitution and other programs designed to optimize drug therapy while minimizing cost as required.
5. Completes required documentation such as notations in the medical record, controlled substances documentation, competency, etc. as required.
6. Counsels patients and appropriate family members regarding pharmaceutical care issues as requested or required.
7. Directs workflow of the shift and supervises pharmacy technicians, students, and/or volunteers present during that shift.
8. Adheres to federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
9. Identifies and participates in research and process improvement opportunities.
10. Precepts students, residents and participates in training new pharmacy staff as required.
11. Provides pharmacist support to nursing colleagues
12. Reports adverse drug events and medication errors
13. Respond to drug information requests
14. Provide antimicrobial management, in partnership with surveillance resources performed by the UNC REX Antimicrobial Stewardship Team
Completion of a PGY1 residency or equivalent level of experience is preferred.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.