Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 1972
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA) provides insight-driven clinical, operational and financial analyses to enhance organizational decision-making. The primary responsibilities for the Business Intelligence Analyst include healthcare analytics, scorecard & dashboard development, project management for key initiatives and communications.
1. Communication and relationships The BIA acts a key Business Intelligence & Analytics liaison between hospital leadership, physician leadership, other clinical leaders, ISD and other stakeholders. He or she ensures a tight linkage between the department's efforts and the organizational goals. He or she serves as a guide of the organization's business intelligence priorities to internal constituents through formal and informal communications. The BIA develops concise, insightful, and politically savvy communications. These are often in PowerPoint, but also in email and verbally via committee meetings, staff meetings, and working sessions.
2. Dashboard and scorecard development The BIA develops effective key performance indicators, management dashboards and balanced scorecards that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making.
3. Healthcare analytics The BIA provides healthcare analytics support (e.g., predictive analytics, statistical analysis, data and text mining, data validation, prescriptive analysis) to generate insights that can be transformed into action and include a broad set of tools, processes, technologies, and stakeholders for collecting, integrating, accessing, and analyzing information.
4. Project management The BIA provides effective project management to clearly defines projects, develop project plans, and set priorities for working teams.
Experience working with Tableau
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree in general field, requires three (3) years of experience
● If Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), requires one (1) year of experience
● If Master's degree, requires one (1) year of experience
● If Associate's degree, requires nine (9) years of experience
● If High School degree, requires eleven (11) years of experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● [NOVICE- Limited Proficiency: You have the level of experience gained in a classroom and/or experimental scenarios or as a trainee on-the-job. You are expected to need help when performing this skill.]
Legal Employer: NC Health
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Enterprise Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.