Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4655
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Employs radiologic sciences technology to perform a variety of patient care, technical, and diagnostic tasks targeted to the care of patients with cardiovascular disease. Major tasks include ultrasound imaging, patient preparation and post procedure care, procedure room set-up and cleaning, technical reporting, and quality monitoring.
1. Demonstrates competence in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to patient assessment pre- and post-procedure care and, emergency cardiac care (CPR is required). Additionally, assistance with post-procedure transport may be required.
2. Ensures equipment is calibrated and properly maintained on a daily basis. Performs and records all equipment maintenance and quality assurance monitoring. Troubleshoots and identifies any equipment problems and reports to appropriate supervisor or biomedical engineering.
3. Generates ultrasound images of the heart and/or vascular related structures. Performs advanced cardiac ultrasound studies in care of patients with complex conditions and regularly performs multiple study types with varied anatomical areas.
4. Performs vascular studies and real time readings/reports in the operating room for invasive and non-invasive vascular procedures.
5. Performs studies for inpatient neonatal/NICU and pediatric patients.
6. May perform staff training and education. Serves as a subject matter expert and resource to Cardiovascular Sonographers.
7. Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
8. Prepares procedure room and equipment for daily use and is responsible for timely and efficient room preparation between procedures.
9. Independently responds to on-call needs for emergent procedures.
●Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or a related field within 3 months of hire, OR Completion of a twelve (12) month ultrasound program within 3 months of hire.
● Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year minimum experience in acute hospital setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Specific competencies required by entity.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS HandV Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.