Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4673
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Health Care System (HCS) Program Manager is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategic initiatives focused on cross-cutting and complex efforts that impact the organization as a system, as well as major initiatives at the entity or regional level. The HCS Program Manager organizes and manages teams to achieve quality, cost and performance objectives aligned with UNC Health’s overall strategy and goals. The individual works collaboratively with a variety of entities, administrative teams, physician groups, clinicians and executives to implement key strategic programs and projects, creating a culture of high performance. The HCS Program Manager works closely with external partners on strategic initiatives that are often complex and that comprise interdependent work streams, enabling UNC Health to form successful long-term partnerships.
The HCS Program Manager supports leaders in developing and managing portfolio management capabilities in order to collectively define and implement an optimal collection of initiatives that advance strategic objectives.
1. Program Administration: Formulates, organizes and monitors inter-connected projects. Defines program governance and develops plans to coordinate cross-project activities and interdependencies. Analyzes and resolves complex issues to advance project and programmatic needs. Applies scope, change, risk and resource management. Ensures all proper internal controls are in place to satisfy internal and external regulatory requirements. Develops and monitors program and project budgets.
2. Communication and Relationships: Facilitates communication among cross-functional teams and external partners. Engages with stakeholders to effectively communicate program status and performance, risks, issues and decisions. Produces accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle. Interfaces with all UNC Health entities and effectively communicate strategies, successfully eliciting support and providing assistance in implementing those strategies
3. Financial and Business Planning: Provides analytical and strategy support for the assigned programs. Performs analyses, provides business insight into implications of findings, develops business plans, and recommends opportunities for improvement. Generates critical path analyses and supports scenario planning for programs in order to inform decision-making. Collaborates with colleagues in Strategy Execution, Finance and other areas to measure contributions of programs (e.g., ROI, qualitative benefits)
4. Portfolio Management: Works with various stakeholders to manage portfolio of strategic initiatives. Includes setting measurable performance goals and targets, providing a unified view of progress, and assisting leadership in collectively analyzing and managing current and proposed strategic initiatives. Ensures that initiatives maintain alignment with evolving system strategy.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of program/project management experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must be highly motivated and demonstrate initiative to proactively address problems and develop solutions.
● Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
● Proven stakeholder management skills.
● Ability to work autonomously, in team-based settings, and with senior executive and c-suite leaders.
● Strong analytical, communication (written and verbal), and management skills are essential.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Strategy Execution
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.