Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3553
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides technical support for end users of the electronic medical record (EMR) system. Ensures timely follow-up and resolution of support calls and tickets. Facilitates problem resolution through communication with IT experts responsible for systems as well as evaluating application performance and proper flow of data to attain the required outcome. Utilizes excellent communication skills to provide service excellence to all customers, clinicians and physicians.
1. Assists with creation of end-user educational documentation, publications and training materials as needed. Conducts training to communicate system updates and upgrade functionalities for EMR and other systems as appropriate.
2. Builds relationships and establishes credibility interacting with end users during times of system frustration and reassuring them of timely resolution. Provides on-going support to foster positive outcomes. Works closely with Information Technology staff to assist with testing of new system functionality and system modifications. Collaborates with counterparts to understand client needs in order to improve and maintain customer relationships.
3. Facilitates basic troubleshooting and connectivity issues from incoming customer calls. Tracks and maintains the database of problem calls and requests and follows-up on resolution in a timely manner. Responds to end-user inquiries and ensures they are informed of the status and progress of problem resolution. Escalates complex incidents to a higher level as required.
4. Maintains a current level of familiarity with EMR software and various system applications to include system upgrades, updates, processes and principles utilized with EMR functionality. Provides a degree of quality control resulting in delivering safe patient care. Participates in educational opportunities to keep current with EMR and professional development.
5. Provides assistance and support for the electronic medical record (EMR) system to all end-users. Supports clinical areas to assess systematic needs and provides system support by understanding their goals and challenges and provides timely solutions and recommendations.
● Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Four (4) years of experience, including two (2) years of Clinical or IT experience and two (2) years of experience using an electronic medical records (EMR) system with demonstrated proficiency.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eight (8) years of experience, including two (2) years of Clinical or IT experience and two (2) years of experience using an electronic medical records (EMR) system with demonstrated proficiency.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills Ability to work well in a team environment Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously Highly responsive to internal customers
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Service Desk
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.