Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4577
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs skilled work of moderate to significant difficulty in the installation, maintenance, and operation of plumbing systems, medical gas systems, steam and condensate systems, fire suppression/sprinkler systems and steam boiler systems.
1. Install, repair and maintain all facility plumbing lines and equipment, including hot and cold water and drain lines, sinks, commodes and connecting facilities. Install, repair and maintain fire prevention and containment water lines, sprinklers and system connections.
2. Install, repair and maintain facility steam and condensate lines, steam traps, pressure reducing valves and flash tanks.
3. Install, repair and maintain medical gas systems.
4. May assume lead role and some supervisory duties including field supervision and assignment of work duties on specific projects or maintenance tasks.
5. Perform operational tests on plumbing, steam, sprinkler and medical gas systems in accordance with industry standards, building codes and JCAHO requirements and perform tests to meet state and UNC Hospitals operating and maintenance requirements and parameters
6. Review construction plans and install facilities, equipment and materials in accordance with plans and to meet state, Life Safety and federal codes.
7. Select suitable plumbing and plumbing related materials and equipment to match existing systems and facilities, and install, operate and maintain new systems.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of plumbing experience in the installation and maintenance of plumbing systems to include maintenance, installation and development of steam and condensate systems, medical gas systems, boiler systems and fire pump/sprinkler systems.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Facilities and Maintenance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.