Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4540
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Housekeeping positions provide a clean, sanitary and aesthetically pleasing environment to the patients, visitors and staff of UNC Hospitals. These positions clean and disinfect all areas of the hospital according to prescribed procedures and standards. These positions do not provide any direct patient care.
1. Cleans (dusts, disinfects, mops, restocks, pulls trash and inspects) occupied patient rooms
2. Cleans discharge rooms in a timely manner for incoming patients
3. Cleans support areas and critical care areas such as nurses stations, lounges, intensive care units and isolation rooms
4. Enters data into the bed tracking system.
5. Inspect ancillary and patient areas and projects.
6. May serve as a team leader who plans and schedules tasks, makes work assignments, trains staff, controls bed tracking and inspects all areas throughout the hospital.
7. Strip, wax, dust mop and damp mop floors. Vacuum, bonnett and extract carpets.
8. Trains and instructs new housekeepers in proper hospital policies and procedures.
● High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Environmental Services
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 16.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.