Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this summer. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3617
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of telecommunications systems. Provides in-depth support to the end-user of telecommunications system applications, including design, engineering, test analysis, planning, performance and optimization. Performs complex activities for routine maintenance, on hardware and software switching equipment.
1. Acts as a liaison with end users and outside vendors during problem resolution, installation, rearrangement, and or removal of equipment. Provides technical and training assistance to users and support staff. Serves as a technical resource.
2. Installs, maintains, and tests telecommunications equipment to ensure quality and high level of customer service.
3. Isolates, troubleshoots and communicates any related voice and data network performance compatibility issues with responsible vendor.
4. Maintains and orders equipment for all related telecommunication project requests and ensures the equipment is accounted for utilization. Develops and documents telecommunication installation specifications.
5. Provides customers with technical support incident resolution related to the voice hardware and software.
● Associate's degree in Telecommunications or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Three (3) years of experience in Telecommunications.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Seven (7) years of experience in Telecommunications.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.