Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4985
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees the day-to-day activities and long-term planning for the Revenue Cycle Analytics (RCA) Reporting Team. Responsibilities include planning and administration, managing financial development, monitoring and reporting program progress to ensure fulfillment of the program objectives. The Program Manager will play a key role in supplying revenue cycle data to support the Health Care System in a changing reimbursement and care delivery environment.
The Program Manager must demonstrate expertise in revenue cycle data, Business Intelligence tools, and visual data representation (e.g. Tableau); s/he must also be capable of representing RCA at system-level committee meetings, meeting with and/or presenting to HCS executive leadership, building collaborative relationships with other departments across the HCS, and leading a team of analysts.
1. Analysis and Reporting: Provides accurate and timely data to key stakeholders throughout UNC Health Revenue Cycle; coordinates with Revenue Cycle Executive leadership on long-term goals to maximize revenue and/or improving operational workflows
2. Communication and Relationships: Works with Revenue Cycle leaders to identify initiatives to improve Revenue Cycle performance; the successful candidate must be capable of working with peers in departments outside of Revenue Cycle to build relationships, further Revenue Cycle strategic objectives, and ensure Revenue Cycle has a voice in system-wide initiatives
3. Financial and Business Planning: Provides analytical and strategic support for Revenue Cycle. Performs analytics, provides business insight into implications of findings, develops business plans, and recommends opportunities for improvement.
4. Program Administration: Manage a team of high-level analysts; provide administrative oversight, feedback, and any disciplinary actions for the Reporting Team members; the Program Manager will be responsible for recruiting team members, onboarding and orientation, guidance and mentoring direct reports, and setting and tracking goals for the team.
5. Strategic Planning: Interface with UNC Health Care entities to communicate Revenue Cycle strategies, successfully elicit support, and provide assistance implementing those strategies.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of program/project management experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Rev Cycle Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.