Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4842
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Leads an area(s) of responsibility in clinical and/or operational decision-making and improvements in patient care. Coordinates departmental operational and clinical initiatives through other staff in their group and across all related practices. Implements financial and operational plan in area of responsibility. This position has oversight and ownership of all aspects of sterile compounding and operating room outcomes; reports directly to the Director of Operations.
1. Leads the development of processes necessary for the smooth operation of their area of responsibility. Anticipates needs for pharmacy clinical and operations services and assumes a leadership role in meeting those needs.
2. Provides program level management as well as shift specific management in areas of responsibility. Performs supervisory responsibilities through selection, training, evaluating, counseling, and corrective action of staff.
3. Demonstrates active leadership internal and external to the Department of Pharmacy as an active member of pharmacy department committees, multidisciplinary hospital committees and/or professional association committees.
4. Proactively seeks opportunities to improve performance and customer satisfaction and implements processes to minimize waste. Builds and maintains relationships with key individuals and solicits feedback regarding pharmacy performance. Develops policies and standard operating procedures and/or clinical decision support in response to Clinical, Operational, Financial drug use needs. Prior to implementation of new policies and guidelines, ensures that appropriate communication and staff education have occurred.
5. Provides clinical or operational leadership through in-service programs and/or publications for health care providers on appropriate drug use, the medication use system, and/or drug policy.
6. Provides clinical and operational pharmacist services to patients as required.
7. Teaches students, residents and new pharmacy staff and participates in scholarly activities.
8. Ensures and audits compliance with federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
9. Supports the development of budgets and financial stewardship goals. Monitors financial and productivity performance and addresses variances in area of responsibility.
10. Demonstrates clinical or operational expertise through publications, presentations, committee activities, and/or program development related to improvement of patient care and advancement of pharmacy practice.
● Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.