Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 2983
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides senior level expertise and guidance in the installation, configuration, management and support of all desktops, portable computers and related peripherals over a multi-platform network. Ensures end-users? productivity by providing problem solution. Participates in evaluating products in compatibility, flexibility, and ease of use including the design of application options with mainframe applications.
1. Ensures network security by enforcing passwords, installing virus protection software, encryption technology. Adheres to policies and procedures, creating user-profiles, administers files and folders security and storage capacity.
2. Evaluates products in compatibility, flexibility, and ease of use including the design of application options with mainframe applications and provides recommendations for new equipment.
3. Installs and configures hardware and standard software applications, as well as assists customers and ISD team on complex resolutions.
4. Manages desktop peripheral inventory and assists with asset management. Maintains accurate records for device changes. Updates the inventory system whenever a computer is installed or relocated to provide accurate information.
5. Provides customers with technical support and incident resolution related to hardware and software. Provides initial training to familiarize the customer with the operation of the system. Performs desktop moves in a timely manner, based on user/organization needs.
6. Serves as subject matter expert for leading the support of system operations including network optimization, planning, design, and engineering for complex projects or high level assignments within the health system?s desktop computing environment. . Assists customers and team members in solving problems and offers suggestions for hardware/software upgrades.
● Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Three (3) years of experience in data processing and hardware/software support.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Seven (7) years of experience in data processing and hardware/software support.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT End User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Caldwell
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.