Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Job ID: 4619
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a wide variety of skilled physical therapy treatments for patients based upon the physical therapy evaluations and goals completed by the physical therapist. Advances the patient's treatment plan in response to the patient's progress. Assists with discharge planning.
1. Contributes to various interdisciplinary team meetings to plan for patient needs, discuss family education plans, and discharge plans.
2. Precepts PT technicians or other physical therapist assistants and evaluate the learner's competency per department guidelines.
3. Documents patient treatment and progress toward goals. Completes department records for billing and statistics.
4. Instructs physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students.
5. Provides skilled physical therapy treatments to a wide variety of patients. Designs and teach exercise program to meet PT goals. Fits and teaches patient to use ambulatory devices including braces, walkers, canes, crutches safely to negotiate stairs, curbs, and unlevel ground. Teaches patient airway clearance techniques and perform chest PT procedures. Instructs patient and family in home exercises, ambulation, and use of adaptive equipment for discharge.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director
● Graduation from an accredited two-year Physical Therapy Assistant program.
● Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant by the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex RRNCC Raleigh Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.