Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Job ID: 4884
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position works as needed (per diem) performing diagnostic stress testing procedures in our outpatient Nuclear Medicine Department; location will vary. Specifically, this position administers radiopharmaceuticals, operates highly technical instruments, and analyzes the acquired data. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist works under the direct supervision of the Nuclear Medicine Supervisor and takes direction as well from the Nuclear Medicine physicians.
The ideal candidate would have one year of clinical cardiac experience.
1. Administration & Record of Radiopharmaceutical: Identifies each patient, confirms date of birth, hospital number and identification. Achieves venous access and administers radiopharmaceutical. Records route of administration, dose and technologist's initials.
2. Describes exam to patient, obtains informed consent, completes necessary paperwork for study input of patient information into radiology management system for record keeping and charge. Generation of report.
3. Evaluates requisition, chart, and lab results. Performs patient assessment. Identifies patient.
4. Radiopharmaceutical Handling; receipt of radiopharmaceuticals, proper documentation and proper disposal. Follows guidelines set up by Radiation Safety Officer and NRC. Radiopharmaceutical selection, dosage and quality control review, assuring each dose to be administered is correct for the ordered procedure, correct activity, acceptable quality control, and properly recorded in the dose records
5. Set up acquisition and performs according to protocol, maintains patient comfort, care, and safety. Analyzes images and evaluates for correctness. Processes films and submits to physician for approval.
6. Uses PACS to generate proper documentation. Completes all orders with the appropriate and accurate charges added.
● Graduation from an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program.
● Registered as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist by the American Registry of Radiological Sciences or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NCHV Wakefield
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.