Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4991
Location: Apex, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for coordination of the entire patient admission experience.
1. Coordinates the entire admission process from inquiry through admittance. Ensures a quality transition for residents and families.
2. Ensures the proper case mix within budgetary guidelines. Works with managed care/insurance companies to establish payment rates prior to admission.
3. Maintains consistent contact with referring case managers and social workers for follow up information and problem solving, as needed.
4. Counsels patients and families regarding financial, social and placement concerns.
5. Supplies information and markets services of RCCC to the community and referral sources.
6. Facilitates the quality of resident's life through management of environmental factors and roommate preferences.
7. Assesses and screens all referrals for admission based on RCCC admission criteria. Coordinates and communicates admissions with clinical services at RCCC.
● Diploma, Associate's degree (A.A.) or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited School of Nursing or in Social Work preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two to four years Case Management and/or Long Term Care experience preferred. Two years Admissions Coordinator or Social Worker/Discharge Planner experience in a skilled nursing facility preferred. Working understanding of managed care and Medicare/Medicaid payment systems and their impact on skilled nursing facilities. Excellent Customer Service Skills is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex SNF Apex
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Apex
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.