Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Job ID: 4784
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Coordinates individual services by standardization of inventory, custom pack changes, and instrument tray reviews, assisting in cost containment and product selection, providing input for creation of new preference lists, and serving as liaison to physician and physician offices.
1. Coordinates individual services by standardization of inventory, custom pack changes, and instrument tray reviews. Assists in cost containment and product selection.
2. Reviews schedule and special needs for all daily and upcoming cases in service line. Provides input for the creation new preference lists and reviews changes of preference cards. Serves as liaison to physician and physician's offices. Attends service line and staff meetings as necessary.
3. Completes patient related duties according to the individual need of the patient with full consideration of the patient's safety needs. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities. Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
4. Participates in direct patient care maintaining current skills and competencies equal to that of an OR Staff Nurse. Must be able to scrub and 2nd circulate per OR staffing needs. Coordinates and/or conducts service line in services to OR staff and sterile processing staff.
5. Requests new items to be added to the materials management system via form. Requests new instruments and equipment to be added to electronic medical record system.
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing.
● BCLS;RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of three years surgical nursing experience required. Management experience, as well as familiarity with Horizon Surgical Manager, Pathways Healthcare Scheduling and Pathways Materials Management or other surgical services related software preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of trustees. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex SS Materials
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.