Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 3967
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Facilitates implementation of ANCC Magnet program and certification for UNC Hospitals. Provides quality and organizational excellence by leading cross-functional quality and process improvement initiatives. Serves as mentor to specialists and analysts.
1. Provides leadership, coordination, and facilitation for an action plan that leads UNC Hospitals to obtain Magnet certification or re-certification through the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC). Coordinates and participates on Magnet Steering Committee; leads Magnet Operations Committee; provides input for strategic planning agendas, project schedules, and the Magnet budget and all other finance related items.
2. Collects and organizes evidence demonstrating that UNC Hospitals meets or exceeds Magnet standards. Participates in the writing and editing of all necessary materials for the project including committee materials, gap analysis documents, interim monitoring report and Magnet application and supporting evidence.
3. Ensures that all stakeholders are part of the process and solicits and supports their participation in assisting the team in meeting standards. Serves as a resource for Magnet Steering and Operations teams. In conjunction with nurse leaders, coordinates Magnet Operations Committee, Magnet Champions, and leads informational sessions. Serves as a liaison with ANCC for all Magnet recognition matters.
4. Directs Magnet application process, including: coordination of RN Satisfaction Surveys and data interpretation and dissemination; research and coordination of demographic data requirements required for reporting of all nursing staff credentials and education. Manage use of relevant software or other required database for reporting demographic data to ANCC. Work with Nurse Recruitment/Staffing Systems to set up initial database requirements, coordinate training and implementation plan as well as coordinate web-based updates.
5. Communicates the vision, reports progress, creates solutions, and motivates employee engagement in demonstrating the components of Magnet environment. At the appropriate state of the project, responsible for visibility and marketing of Magnet initiative within UNC Hospitals. Designs and implements marketing initiatives including overseeing """"campaign"""" to disseminate information to nursing staff in all areas of practice, as well as to colleagues in other disciplines.
6. Identifies and drives analytic needs for improvement projects/initiatives. Supports leaders in development of problem charter and selection of best approach to solve a specific problem. Mastery of basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and working knowledge of advanced topics (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression). Teaches/mentors others on basic topics and able to assist others with advanced topics.
7. Makes decisions based on data and analyses. Constructively challenges leaders and current processes when improvement is needed. Develops interventions and initiatives based on data. Able to resolve conflicts across multiple departments. Able to influence other departments/divisions when working across inter-professional teams. Identifies methods for solving problems that eliminate steps, speeds processes, and reduces variation and complexities.
8. Influences and gains commitment from all members of project team. Able to identify resources necessary to implement and complete project (budget, personnel, and leadership). Able to obtain and maintain executive support for projects through communication and leadership. Acts as a consultant or mentor to other groups interested in implementing similar solutions. Key participant in hospital-wide committees.
● Masters in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business or related field
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience in team facilitation, project management, data analysis and/or program administration
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Nursing Research
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.