Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4315
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Processes physician, hospital, and outpatient referrals. Responsible for patient scheduling, obtaining insurance authorization, and providing appropriate guidance regarding insurance coverage. Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works collaboratively with all diagnostic and surgical service areas, physician offices and hospitals to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness when scheduling patient appointments, tests and procedures.
2. Consistently provides accurate and detailed patient information to include patient demographics and medical information pertinent to appointment being scheduled to ensure patient safety and quality patient care.
3. Obtains accurate and valid physician or advanced practitioner orders for all appointments, tests and procedures being scheduled.
4. Accurately and consistently communicates appointment, test, procedure information and prep to patient and/or family member. Adheres to privacy, compliance and HIPPA regulations.
5. Ensure patient has follow-up appointment with the physician to discuss outcomes, as appropriate.
6. Consistently and accurately document the date and time of appointment, tests, scan or procedure in the patient's medical record. Communicate as appropriate to practice staff.
● High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Family Medicine Rosewood
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Goldsboro
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.