Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs and apply. We invite all current UNC Health employees to fill out their Talent Profile.
From Employee Self Service, as an Employee user, go to My Profile, then Talent Profile. Create your Credentials, Education and Employment History to complete your Talent Profile. Your Talent Profile can be used for current and future job applications.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Spring. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Job ID: 4163
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees a number of business functions for the work unit. Position is responsible for assisting with creation, preparation and updating of departmental policies and procedures, prior to final approval by the Director. Position maintains departmental policy and procedure manuals in an up to date and current fashion. Recruits and retains a qualified and knowledgeable staff. Ensures completion of daily activities including deposits, processing AP invoices, census, posting all charges and review of accounts for appropriate charges.
1. Monitors the quality of work life and safety aspects within the department to maintain a level consistent with policy and guidelines. Enforces life safety regulations and infection control/universal precautions.
2. Develops and maintains systems and processes that effectively monitor staff activity and performance related to the billing, follow-up, collection and customer service aspects of the accounts receivable
3. Develops and maintains systems and processes that facilitate timely and accurate billing to third party payors. Assures that all billing (paper and electronic) conforms to all applicable regulations and contractual terms as stipulated by the third party payor. Develops short-term and long-term goals for the staff and analyzes staff activities in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being met.
4. Establishes routine audit procedures of all contractual payment systems, monitors all contractual allowances and completes routine review of contractual payments and Usual and Customary rate or reimbursement.
5. Maintains current knowledge and competence in all regulatory and third payor patient accounting, admission and registration requirements. Assures that all required patient accounting forms, bill/claim formats, notice, letters and messages meet existing standards and regulatory requirements. Conducts staff education and training related to these requirements to assure compliance. Establishes routine audit procedures of all contractual payment systems, monitors all contractual allowances and completes routine review of contractual payments and Usual and Customary rate or reimbursement.
6. Reviews daily patient accounting, billing, and follow-up activity and reports in summary fashion to the Directors of Long Term Care. Complies weekly, monthly or quarterly activity as defined. Assists with monthly review of budget, explains variances from goals, target or budget. Prepares monthly reports including A/R summary, Census/Units, Detail to GL analysis and Monthly to Actual budget report. Prepares all Medicare and Medicaid quarterly reports. Assists corporate accountant with Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports. Assist Directors in annual budget preparation.
7. Maintains a qualified and knowledgeable staff. Conducts departmental orientation and ongoing in-service education and technical training for existing employees. Assures completion of daily activities including deposits, processing AP invoices, census, posting all charges and review of accounts for appropriate charges. Ensures completion of monthly activities such as billing cycle. Provides frontline customer service to resident and families
8. Responsible for assisting with creation, preparation and updating of departmental policies and procedures, prior to final approval by the Director. Maintains departmental policy and procedure manuals in an up to date and current fission.
● BS in business
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 5 years or equivalent combination of education and experience working with Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, in a LTC setting. Knowledge of state and federal regulations with regards to nursing home billing, AR, account management, and collections is required. Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.COMPUTER SKILLSAbility to use hospital and medical claims processing software. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Schedule Plus, and Microsoft Exchange. Proficient keyboarding skills. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Cary OR Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.