Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 4739
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The System Manager, UNC Health Enterprises, is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple teams and projects related to innovation, business development, or other strategic initiatives across the entire healthcare system. The System Manager conducts analysis and synthesizes findings into understandable implications, tactics, strategies, and next steps for leadership within and outside of the department. The System Manager develops and manages a portfolio of innovation initiatives and new business ventures for the healthcare system, including partnerships with third parties. The System Manger builds and leverages a strong external professional network to identify opportunities and potential partners. The System Manager is also responsible for department management responsibilities which may include but are not limited to methodology advancement, internal resource management, training and development, and recruiting.
1. Leading Change - Proactively assesses the need for change and obtains resources to implement change initiatives. Keeps abreast of market trends to drive innovation with the healthcare system. Communicates effectively and appropriately. Takes action to ensure that employees fully understand their roles, responsibilities and performance standards/expectations and provides ongoing feedback and support. Treats everyone in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Ensures that departmental goals match those of the organization and that resources are allocated to meet priorities. Establishes an environment that creates incentives for, and eliminates barriers to, a team environment. Articulates common goals and communicates how individual roles contribute to team success.
3. Results Drive - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Participates in decision making that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority. Communicates in a manner that promotes and sustains customer satisfaction and encourages others to do the same. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to manage project portfolio.
4. Innovation, Partnerships, Business Development and Key Initiatives - Provides direction and leadership to team members within UNC Health Enterprises. Collaborates with peers to prioritize work while supporting the alignment of activities throughout the department. Develops and manages a portfolio of innovation initiatives and new business ventures including partnerships with third parties.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, strategy or consulting) or two (2) years at a top tier consulting firm with two years of other relevant work experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives, develop and implement program strategies, and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNC Health Enterprises
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.