Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4877
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Real Estate and Development Manager is responsible for the oversight of real estate transactions and the design and build process of UNC Health Care’s off campus portfolio. Reporting to the Executive Director of Real Estate and Development, the position will assist in developing and managing the off campus portfolio that supports the business objectives of the organization.
1. Works with internal groups to help them determine their real estate needs and while ensuring these needs are in line with UNC HC’s strategy. Manage the site selection, negotiation, design and build of off campus real estate projects.
2. Compile market data, forecast, budget, and other analysis to support real estate transactions and decision making efforts. Collaborate with Legal to review all strategic real estate contracts.
3. Responsible for project budgets and alignment with the design and construction team goals. Manage project schedules, oversee project meetings, liaise with architects and contractors, and report progress to broader cross-functional teams.
4. Create recovery strategies when timelines are disrupted. Provide updates on key project milestones, monitor and update budget as appropriate and report back to key stakeholders. Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
5. Oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations. Use lease database to manage critical clauses, termination dates, and general lease requirements.
6. Make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement.
● Bachelor's degree in business, architecture, construction management or real estate required, Master's degree preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum two (2) years of progressive experience leading real estate projects through site selection, financial analysis, negotiation, design and build of corporate and medical office buildings required. Experience in healthcare and five (5) years of general contractor experience highly preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to coordinate, communicate and liaise with 3rd parties and internal cross-functional teams. Financial principles and reporting abilities and proficiency in spreadsheet and presentation applications. Ability to work independently, prioritize, problem solve, manage your time effectively, and be a self-starter. Proven track record of implementing strategies that drive great patient and employee experiences. Demonstrable understanding of organizational best practices and how space impacts patient and employee engagement. Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from design phase through to implementation. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deliver on time and within budget. Strong business acumen, organizational skills, analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Real Estate and Facilities Adm
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.