Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5217
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for physician relations activities at UNC Health Care.
1.Serve as a relationship manager, physician liaison, ambassador, and single point of contact with referring providers, physician practices, and hospitals.
2.Routinely round local and assigned physician practices to provide information about new services and address needs of providers and staff.
3.Design, develop and execute physician outreach that supports strategic growth, clinical integration, and care access. Collaborate with physicians, service line, and hospital leadership in the planning process.
4.Promptly identify and address care access and referral barriers on behalf of referring providers and practice staff.
5.Onboard newly employed select providers, practice managers, and referral coordinators to clinical services and referral management pathways.
6.Collect customer feedback, market intelligence, business development, clinical integration opportunities identified from referring provider and staff interactions. Provide information to service line leadership, strategic planning, and other organizational stakeholders.
7.Ensure visit productivity meets minimum visit standards established by manager.
8.Demonstrate working knowledge of organizational mission, goals and initiatives, internal service line offerings, and market differentiation.
9.Demonstrate proficiency and effectively promote the use of information technology solutions that enhance care access and communication between providers. Effective promotion includes assistance with education and training, enrollment, and technical assistance.
10.Effectively utilize data such as [email protected] referral order reports and PRM claims data to identify targets for outreach, market growth, and clinical integration.
11.Document visit and issue resolution productivity in a timely and accurate manner within the PRM contact management software, productivity spreadsheets, and outreach plans.
12.Submit physician outreach visit synopses to service line and organizational stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner. Visit synopses should include visit purpose, attendees, discussion items, market intelligence, and action items.
13.Regularly engage and collaborate with others that influence or benefit from team and individual activity including NDPL colleagues, Strategic Planning, Marketing, ISD, Care Access, Virtual Care Center, Legal/Compliance, etc.
14.Ensure expense and resource management is fully compliant with legal standards, budgetary targets, and financial reporting protocols.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three (3) years of relevant experience in either recruitment, physician relations, healthcare sales, pharmaceutical sales, medical sales, practice management or clinical nursing. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Develop and maintain effective relationships with medical staff, employees, patients and the public. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients and employees, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Spreadsheet skills strongly preferred. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
● Experience with medical practice management applications, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Powerpoint training.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Ntwrk Dvlp and Cust Experience
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.