Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4599
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Wakebrook
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Based on physicians' orders, provides recreational therapy evaluation and treatment to patient populations and maintains ongoing program development/evaluation under the supervision of the recreational therapy supervisors.
1. Analyzes comprehensive data from the patient assessment/evaluation and plans, develops and documents an individualized treatment plan that identifies short and long term goals and interventions in substantial compliance with department policies and protocols, standards of regulatory agencies and professional standards of practice.
2. Develops and documents patients' discharge/transition plan in collaboration with the patient, family/significant others and treatment team, in substantial compliance with department policies and protocols, standards of regulatory agencies and professional standards of practice
3. Documents and reports patients' response to interventions, re-assesses and evaluates patients' progress towards goals, modifies treatment goals/plan as necessary, in substantial compliance with department policies and protocols, standards of regulatory agencies and professional standards of practice
4. Implements individualized patient treatment plans and plans, develops and facilitates interventions, in substantial compliance with department policies and protocols, standards of regulatory agencies and professional standards of practice, to restore, remediate or rehabilitate patients' functioning and increase patients' independence.
5. Leadership Demonstrates the function of a leader in the profession in the following manner Advocates for and facilitates necessary change, development for people, and initiatives. Exemplifies quality service provision. Manages professional practice through promoting and demonstrating accountability
6. Provides clinical education or supervision to staff, interns, clinical fellows and other disciplines, participates in competency assessment/enhancement activities and meets development goals in compliance with Hospitals and department policies and protocols
7. Quality Improvement and Resource Management Plans, develops, coordinates and evaluates specialized programs for specific clinical service areas and engages in evaluation/research and quality improvement activities for the clinical service team and department. Participates in the acquisition and maintenance of supplies, equipment and facility planning.
8. Responds to physicians' orders for patient assessment and treatment, individually assesses/evaluates patients to determine and document needs, interests and abilities in substantial compliance with department policies/protocols, standards of regulatory agencies and professional standards of practice
● Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreational Therapy, which includes an internship.
● Licensed as a Recreational Therapist by the North Carolina Board of Recreational Therapy Licensure (NCBRTL).
● Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Wakebrook
Organization Unit: Recreational Therapy-Wakebrook
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.