Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5226
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides work direction and scheduling of environmental services technicians, performing environmental services technician duties as needed.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Performs the duties of an Environmental Services Tech as outlined in job description.
3. Ensures that the delivery of services to customers are appropriate and in accordance with established policies, procedures, and objectives for area and consideration of patient safety.
4. Accepts responsibility for a limited area, shift, or task as assigned.
5. Provides work direction and scheduling of employees. Assists with monitoring of overtime hours. Continuously checks assigned areas to be sure work is being done properly and that personnel are following schedules.
6. Reviews project sheet to determine conditions acceptable for meeting the customer needs in a timely manner. Reports all pertinent information to management in written or verbal form.
7. Collaborates with other team leaders and management to ensure optimal efficiency throughout the facility.
8. Instills a service-minded approach to all tasks performed by Environmental Services staff by demonstrating a personal enthusiasm and team spirit.
9. Works as an Environmental Services Technician on a regular basis.
10. Retrains environmental services personnel as directed by management.
11. Uses the Bedtracking system to schedule Environmental Service Technicians as need for their service arises.
12. Inspects and conducts surveys.
13. Assumes responsibility for the quality standards of facility.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of one-year Environmental Service training and experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions. Mathematical Skills: Demonstrate ability to add, subtract, and multiply as needed to follow directions on chemicals and time schedules. Reasoning Ability: Ability to make sound, timely decisions related to housekeeping and teamwork functions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Environmental Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.