Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4465
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Develops and maintains an efficient supply acquisition, storage and distribution system, supervising receipt of goods and planning appropriate stock and resources.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Generates purchase requisitions for all supplies for all locations, i.e. Purchasing, Storeroom, Stockless JIT vendor, Pharmacy, Lab and capital requests.
3. Performs cycle counts to ensure accurate on hand information in the materials management system.
4. Receives reports of defective products/equipment. React in a timely manner to pull any product that has been recalled and work closedly with the Services Coordinators and/or Purchasing to quickly find a substitute if needed.
5. Completes patient related duties according to the individual needs of the patient with full consideration of the patient's safety needs.
6. Prints the resource maps and picks tickets for the next days cases.
7. Assists in training staff to use of inventory forms and reource maps as applicable.
8. Develops and maintains an efficient supply acquisition, storage and distribution system. Maintains sufficient par levels.
9. Supervises receipt of goods purchased, verifies accuracy of received items against orders.
10. Communicates, effectively and timely, accurate information to Manager, Service Coordinators, Operations Manager, and Staff regarding the availability of supplies (back orders, substitutes, outages, etc.). Assists in determining acceptable substitutions/replacements when appropriate.
● High school diploma or equivalent and one year specialty training in Purchasing or Surgical Services, computer skills preferred.
● BCLS required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Pathways Materials Management experience preferred. Three months to 1 year experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Surgical Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.