Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 5408
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, designs, coordinates, and evaluates psychiatry services for UNC Medical Center. Responsible for input, coordination, and ongoing financial oversight of the department budget. Oversees nursing staff and administrative staff that work within the department.
1. Financial Stewardship--Develops and submits budgetary requests on or before stated deadlines. Monitors and analyzes budgetary trends. Implements strategies to increase revenue/decrease costs and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure goals are achieved and/or meet budget projections. Recognizes opportunities for increases in productivity, cost savings, and revenue generation.
2. Human Resource Stewardship/Management--Effectively recruits, selects, hires, coaches, and uses appropriate corrective actions with staff in accordance with UNC HCS policies and procedures. Maintains accountability for annual competency assessment of staff. Creates an environment conducive to retaining staff, and to learning. Provides staff with accurate annual performance feedback and the opportunity to set developmental goals. Conducts and documents regularly recurring staff meetings at which pertinent information such as policy and procedure changes are communicated. Encourages staff to celebrate successes, express concerns and identity opportunities for improvements. Implements strategies to improve employee satisfaction inclusive of strategies to involve employees in decision-making.
3. Leadership--Aligns work unit goals with organizational strategic direction. Participates in formation of strategic goals at the departmental level. Demonstrates corporate citizenship by participating in activities external to assigned work unit/departments. Demonstrates active support of organizational initiatives. Accesses and utilizes appropriate administrative/ clinical/financial systems. Acquires and maintains quantitative skills for data analysis. Leads in change efforts for improvement in work quality.
4. Provides quality services that meet regulatory/accreditation requirements. Delivers safe, effective services. Analyzes sentinel events and errors and develops and implements strategies to address the conditions that contributed to these situations. Monitors unit(s) performance and ensures scores are showing improvement. Utilizes IMPACT CARE and AIDE methodologies effectively. Monitors quality of work product for work unit/sector. Maintains familiarity with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Ensures work unit is in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Participates in activities designed to monitor and improve compliance.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Master's degree in Nursing or related field preferred
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of progressive management experience and three (3) years clinical experience in psychiatry nursing.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Behavioral Health Facility
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.