Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4155
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the daily operations and management clinical, human, material and financial resources of the department.
1. Oversees the provision of clinical care in designated department.
2. Assures standards of care are up to date and carried out on a consistent basis. Reports inconsistencies in a timely manner.
3. Assist Director to assure policies and procedures are up to date and followed.
4. Assures compliance with regulatory requirements. (JCAHO, DHSR) Reports to Director noncompliance.
5. Follows up on patient, family, physician and other complaints in a thorough and timely manner. Reports all incidents to Director and collaborates.
6. Assures equipment and supplies are readily available for care.
7. Makes recommendations for capital budget purchase(s).
8. Deploys staff in an organized, patient focused manner. Delegates charge assignments to staff to ensure all provisions of clinical care are upheld.
9. Creates a caring environment for patients and their families.
10. Collaborates with Director to develop annual budgets and assures appropriate use of resources.Collaborates with Director to use statistical projections to create a reasonable departmental budget.Monitors budget against actual experience. Reports variances in a concise manner on a monthly and quarterly basis.Schedules staffing in a manner consistent with budget planning.Makes regular improvements in resource use/cost reduction and supply chain management. Reports activity to Director.
11. Collaborates with Director to establish departmental goals and objectives consistent with organizational strategies.Works with the interdisciplinary team to improve patient care.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of progressive experience in as a clinical nurse.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Operating Rooms
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.