Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5108
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides direction for the delivery of cost effective and high quality patient care that is based on established regulatory, professional, and organizational standards.
1. Provides direction for the delivery of cost effective and high quality patient care that is based on established regulatory, professional, and organizational standards.
2. Monitors patient engagement metrics and partners with physicians to develop strategic initiatives to improve patient engagement and the patient experience. Serve as a liaison for Physician Services practices and Rex Service Excellence to ensure patient satisfaction goals are met. Participates in and leads ambulatory and physician service performance improvement activities.
3. Collaborates with UNC REX Divisions, as well as the physician community to effectively develop health care initiatives and programs to include business development and strategic planning. Serve as the Physician Services liaison for population management. Develop and monitor initiatives related to cost of care reduction, vendor cost reductions and patient reimbursements for physician practices.
4. Lead and manage the acquisition and onboarding process for new practices with Physician Services. Liaise with UNC HCS internal departments to include, Accounting, Revenue Cycle, Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Legal and Marketing for project management and operations. Participates in appropriate committees, such as Physician Oversight Committee, Quality Programs, and Physician Operations Excellence Committee.
5. Functions as liaison between UNC REX Specialty practices and the leadership of the system's strategic partners such as UNC Health Alliance, Alignment, Accountable Care Programs and Alternative Payment Models.
6. Executes physician relationship development and assistance with plans consistent with the organizational goals and objectives by making personal visits to physician office, developing positive relations with providers, practice administrators and co-workers. Manages processes for execution of affiliate and community partner arrangements to develop and enhance strategic relationships.
7. Manage collaborative agreements with partnering physicians to include monitoring performance metrics, developing and managing annual budgets and physician payments, and ensuring goals are met according to contracts.
8. Manage budgets and finances, coordinate recruitment of physicians and liaison with Marketing as needed for assigned physician groups. Conducts and prepares complex analysis to support Physician Service's leadership relating to business planning, financial budgets and strategic initiatives. Develop and monitor physician compensation plans.
9. Conducts and prepares complex analysis to support Physician Service's leadership relating to business planning, financial budgets and strategic initiatives. Develop and monitor physician compensation plans.
10. Other responsibilities and priorities may be negotiated as needed to continually reflect the strategic and operational direction of UNC REX.
● Bachelor's degree with MBA or MHA preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least five years of healthcare finance management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Phy Dept of Med Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.