Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5275
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides and oversees training of coworkers/students in assigned work area, includes instruction in department techniques, processes and procedures according to established policies within lab.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides and oversees training of coworkers/students in assigned work area, includes instruction in department techniques, processes and procedures according to established policies. Maintains program to document competency of coworkers/students in technical procedures. Provides performance feedback to manager/team leader observed performance.
3. Acts as liaison between coworkers, management, and other teams within the laboratory and throughout the organization.
4. Provides work direction for coworkers/students. Assists with monitoring of overtime hours an ensures optimal efficiency throughout the work area..
5. Coordinates ordering of supplies and inventory to maintain adequate stock and minimize waste.
6. Operates the computer system utilizing routine programs to receive specimens and retrieve laboratory data. Assures that specimens are placed on the processor or delivered to various departments as appropriate and in a timely manner. Assures that """"""""shared specimens"""""""" are received as appropriate and in a timely manner. Has the ability to identify and resolve problems.
7. Has the ability to prioritize, sort, and group specimen labels. Ensures that specimens are collected in a timely manner. Follows-up on uncollected specimens and cancellations.
8. Verifies specimen requirements and appropriate collection procedures prior to specimen collection. Performs specimen collection by venipuncture as required following documented policies and procedures. Performs specimen collection by micro-collection as required following documented policies and procedures. Maintains positive specimen identification throughout the specimen collection process. Demonstrates appropriate use of the PPID on a consistent basis. Records daily workload on appropriate logs as necessary.
9. Performs patient/specimen registration and test ordering functions as required and in accordance with corporate compliance guidelines.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Phlebotomy experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Lab Customer Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.