Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current UNC Health employees, please log-in to Employee Self Service to view open jobs, apply for open jobs, and set up your Talent Profile. Creating your Talent Profile will allow you to add credentials, education, and employment history. Once created, your Talent Profile can be used to quickly and efficiently move through the job application process for current and future job applications.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
** Please note: Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this Summer. In the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied. For applicable positions, learn more here. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 5136
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Coordinates the Emergency Management program to ensure appropriate risk assessment, mitigation activities, contingency planning, and program testing are conducted at UNC REX and Holly Springs Hospital. During emergency operations advises the executive leadership on response and recovery efforts. Liaisons with local, regional, and State emergency management agencies and first responders for collaborative community response activities. Evaluates programs to ensure compliance with all Emergency Management regulatory and accreditation standards.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Work directly with the Director of Emergency Management to help design, develop, coordinate and implement hospital-wide and site specific emergency preparedness plans, procedures, and training regarding the various elements of the Rex Emergency Preparedness Plan for internal and external events.
3. Assist departments in addressing recommendations and "lessons learned" from drill and incident critiques and/or ad hoc task forces. Recommend revisions for updated versions of departmental plans to address these recommendations. Work to build consensus when departmental response plans diverge
4. Provide support for internal committees responsible for developing specific plans associated with various emergency scenarios for events such as trauma, biological, natural disaster, chemical, and nuclear. Assist in local, state, and regional emergency preparedness coordination. This would include, but not be limited to Wake County Emergency Management, NC Health and Human Services, NC Office of EMS, NC Trauma Regional Advisory Council and the State Medical Assistance Team.
5. Attend Emergency Preparedness meetings with external agencies at the hospital, local, regional and state levels. Serves as a Rex Representative regarding emergency preparedness when appropriate. Report outcomes, decisions, and makes recommendations to Director Emergency Management, Administration, and appropriate sub-committees as required.
6. Assure that routine maintenance and upkeep is current for all disaster preparedness equipment and supplies and that they are in good working condition. Assist in recommending the purchase of supplies/equipment as necessary.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with the Emergency Management regulatory standards of governing agencies including but not limited to Joint Commission, FEMA, and CMS.
Assumes responsibility for self-directed professional growth, attending in-services, meetings and other educational offerings as required. Participates actively in professional organizations and activities. Shares information with colleagues utilizing his/her knowledge as a teacher and consultant.
● Associate Degree from a college or university in Emergency Management, Fire Science, Homeland Security, Public Safety or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
● NC Driver's License required.
● A set of FEMA certifications must be completed online within 30 days of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires at least three (3) years of experience in an Emergency Management or Emergency Services environment. Three (3) years in Healthcare Emergency Management preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Disaster Response
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.